I don’t know about the rest of the world, but here in the northeast of America, Mother Nature doesn’t seem to know if we are still in winter or if spring is here. Personally spring is my favorite time of year. The signs of new beginnings, Easter 🐣, flowers, colors, and smells all coming to life. What’s not to love? I mean other than all the mud.
Over the last month or so, we’ve done some very exciting things. We celebrated my daughter’s birthday, started making and offering cakes, and we are in the midst of building a small store front. How exciting?!
Coming up, we will be at Big Run War Memorial March 19th to raise money for the local food shelter. Also, that same day the Punxsutawney Christian School will be holding their auction at the Big Run Event Center. We are considering the DuBois Mall event on the 26th, but we dislike doing events back to back. We are going to be at the DuBois Middle School March 27th for the annual kid fair. This should be a great time.
Let us know what you want to see at the upcoming events! As always, mention that you read our blog for a free item!!
Hello! Hope everyone had a great holiday season and wonderful New Years!
2022 has definitely started out rough for many to say the least. Hopefully we are all just getting the bad luck out now and the rest of the year will continue to improve!
It’s been awhile since we updated you all on what’s going on! So here’s a little insight on what we’ve been up to and where we are planning to be in the upcoming future!
We ended 2021 amazingly! We were so busy with Christmas, birthday and baby shower orders! We took about a week to relax with minimal orders, but quickly got back to the grind. January seems to have disappeared without us even realizing it. Valentine’s Day orders have us booked up, but if you missed out on ordering, we will be at Better Bargains LLC in Dubois, PA 10-4 on February 12, 2022. Mocha Mama will be there, too! So come grab some great coffee, delicious sweets and some last minute gifts to have a romantic weekend or grab your girls and have a Galentine day and come see us!
That brings us to March. We are still debating on doing a bridal show or two to help showcase our cakes and cupcakes, as well as our cookies. We are planning to be at Big Run War Memorial March 19th for their event to support the local food pantry. If we end up doing more then we will update it on our Facebook page 😊
Here are a few of the orders we’ve worked on recently. Some animal safari baby shower cookies that were hand painted. Groundhogs day cookies; plus the traditional spiced groundhog cookie. Birthdays, Valentine’s, more showers, and of course cakes. Comment and let us know your favorite!
Come see us at one of our events and mention that you read this to receive a free sweet treat!
Wow! So it’s been roughly one year since we started decorating cookies and oh my have we grown! We don’t just specialize in decorative sugar cookies anymore. Oh no. We bake just about everything you can think of! Cookies, breads, pastries, and we’ve even started to get into cakes and cupcakes!!!
This last year has been a whirlwind to say the least! I’ve learned so much, not just about being a business owner, but also about myself. Here are a few things I’ve learned:
1. I suck at time management! I mean yes I get stuff done, but I’m the worst procrastinator. Having a 6 year old who also is identical to me doesn’t help. We hate mornings and generally are pretty lazy people haha!
2. It’s ok to not be everyone’scup of tea! So we typically sell out or come super close at all events we go to. However, there are always a few that sneak in there that we just don’t do well! There are just some venues that don’t get crowds that include our ideal customers, and that’s okay 👌🏻. We just have to accept it and choose venues more geared towards us.
3. You can say “no”! Haha if my close friends read this, they are going to tell me to keep reading this over and over to myself! So, typically I rarely ever will tell someone “no” for an order. Even if that means staying up 48 hours straight, then I’ll still take it and get it done. Call it greed or whatever. I’m trying to build a mini cookie empire. I can’t build if I turn people away. However, I’m learning that sleep and family time are definitely more important than the next order. People will understand that you’re busy. Focus on the good stuff in life.
4. People truly don’t understand what goes into baking. I’m guilty too! Before I started doing this for a living, I’d say “they’re crazy! I’m not paying that for some cookies!,” but the times and even materials that go into just one dozen sugar cookies is ridiculous!!!! On average sugar cookies need 12 hours for the icing develop and dry. This can be sped up through a dehydrator but then you run the risk of the cookie drying or the icing bubbling or getting wonky.
5. More eyes are watching than you realize! So up until recently, I didn’t think I had much of a following. I knew I had orders but just always felt like it was just the same people trying to be nice or getting pity orders to help keep me afloat. Then it really hit me when I saw someone ask about custom cookies and our business got tagged multiple times. It’s truly amazing! We couldn’t be more grateful! The best advertising is definitely word of mouth!
6. Stay humble! This is a big one for me! We recently received second in a best of Tri county contest for cookies and pies. I was a little upset. Who doesn’t want and strive for first?! My dad had to give me a reality check. At the time of the contest, I had only been baking for about 6 months. I wasn’t a fully established business. I also couldn’t keep up with the orders I had. On top of it, I certainly wasn’t paying for advertisements when I was barely scraping by trying to build a business and be a single parent. Second place definitely made me look at all we’ve done, all we’ve accomplished! It’s been one crazy good, scary, and hectic year! We’ve grown in so many ways and hope to continue! We’re grateful for even being nominated in these contests and to win is truly amazing!
Enough about my life lessons. Who’s ready for the holidays?! Less than two weeks until Christmas and we’re beyond busy!
Come the first of the year, we will be moving out of the house and into the back kitchen of a local restaurant here in town! We’re pretty excited to have an actual kitchen and an official area to bake. We need our house back lol. This has taken over 3 rooms of our home. I can’t tell you the last time we sat at the table to eat 😖😭. Once we get moved in we will post pics and the location for you all to come see us!!!
Hope everyone has a great holiday season!!!! We’ll see you all next year!!!
This year has flown by so fast. It’s hard to believe we are almost through 2021! It still feels like 2019 to me. The pandemic made 2020 and 2021 seem like they didn’t exist.
How are things in your area? Statistics show the numbers rising in my area, but I think we are all completely over it. Very few wear a mask anywhere and many refuse the vaccine.
Anyway…… let’s get onto the fun stuff! Our books are just about full through to New Years! Make sure you get those holiday orders in! We will be offer cookie trays; small (about 50 cookies) for $35, and large (about 100 cookies) for $70.
Only two months to go until Christmas! How crazy is that! Are you ready for the holidays? I haven’t gotten anything for my daughter yet. We’ve been so busy with orders and fall vendor events.
Anyone else feel like summer flew by?! Just me? Maybe it’s because this was my first summer with a kid in between school grades, but it definitely feels like we blinked and it was over! That being said, I know I’m not alone in saying I’m counting down the days until school starts! 😂 (9 more days…. Or 8 and a wake up 😆).
I felt like we didn’t do anything this summer. Then I actually thought about it and we were very blessed and fortunate to do so many fun things! Water parks, amusement parks, vendor events, the beach, trampoline parks, Legoland, four wheeler drag races, and endless family events and so many wonderful memories made! Without all of you, our amazing customers/friends, we certainly wouldn’t have such a flexible schedule! I hated being a single mom and having to work everyday! Dropping my daughter off at daycares or sitters daily! 😣 Broke my heart every day!!!
Hope you enjoy catching a small glimpse of our summer time fun! What’s your fave summer thing to do? We love love love the beach. My daughter loves camping but I am definitely not a fan at all.
So our upcoming sets include back to school, patriotic stuff for 9/11, fall/ thanksgiving, the infamous cocoa bombs, and then of course winter and Christmas sets!!! We have vendor events every weekend in September and October. Make sure you come see us if you’re local!!!! Also, if you’ll need cookies shipped or even want to place a cookie order for Christmas then get them in now!!! We already have orders for November and December. Those months are filling up fast!!! Also remember to grab your elf on the shelf cookies before it’s too late.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all of our upcoming specials and events!!! Comment below with you fave summer activities! Leave a pic or comment saying hi!!!